Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting Crafty

I know this blog is supposed to be about what I see and how I capture it on film, but this post is about what I saw and how I created it. Sorry to not stick with the theme.

I started out with a dress that had a top like this:
and a very full skirt. I knew I wouldn't wear it as this, so I cut off the skirt, fooled around with shirring and elastic thread and made this:



Then I took the top and messed around until I had a skirt for the Little One that looked like this:

She loves how flippy it is.

It was very satisfying, and a necessary addition to my wardrobe. Perhaps the bump reveals the reason I haven't been posting much lately.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You brought that dress out of the 90s and into the 21st century. :) Very cute and creative. I'd like to see how the skirt looks on Ilse. Love you.

    ReplyDelete